Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hello All:

I am embarrassed to say that I have been "Commenting" on my original post since Sept 2008, not actually "Posting."
For the rest of you who do not understand the difference, Posting is a new item from the blog owner, and comments refer to that item and generally made by other followers or readers.
Only the Owner of the blog can Post, the rest comment.
I did not totally get this difference when I started the blog with being more interested in content than function. Duh.
I had stayed signed in under another of my wonderful email addresses which did not allow me to POST but to comment.creating Russian insert doll conundrum.

So, with the aid of my totally socially networked daughter Lauren, I am "Posting" this to make amends and get the blog record straight.

I have "posted" or actually commented several times over the past few years so if you are interested in my previous
thoughts, muses and observations about Fair Harbor, its residents, deceased or life here, check back on the comments.

Now, however I have turned a new leaf and will properly present myself, in terms of function, but not necessarily
subject matter when it comes to the blog. All is Fair Harbor game except personal attacks or blatant lies. But we all know there are not many of these. More mis-information that anything else.

About the same time I started the blog I had an indeea that we situate a year-round weather proof beach-camera on a roof by the ocean. I figured that so many of us are not there 8 months of the year that it would be cool to see the ocean, and changing beach during the off-season. It would also be awesome to watch huge storms from a bird's eye view. Lastly we could archive this information and use as a knowledge base for beach nourishment or augmentation in future years.
It would cost about $15k to get going and require some maintenance if case of damage. But I would think we could enlist the help of a ear-round resident with the bribe of some nominal reward to do the basic repair.

What do you think?

As a place special to so many of us, having the ability to go online for a live-beach cam would be a type of very quick virtualk vacation in addition to a concession to the human need to want to know what is going on in this space.

Thanks for reading, and hope you have a great set of holidays coming up. Maybe our paths will cross as we make that
journey to our places during the next few months.
See you on the beach. Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

$15 or $15k?!